Terms & Conditions
White Heron Properties arranges short term holiday rentals of properties that they own. The Contract is between White Heron Properties and the Client. The Contract is entered into when White Heron Properties issues the booking invoice and at this stage the Client becomes subject to all the Booking Conditions which must also be signed and sent back to our office. The Client should check the booking invoice carefully.
A deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable if the booking is made more than 8 weeks before the start of the rental. The balance shall be payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rent on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Client. For bookings made less than 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental the total fee is payable.
Any cancellation made by the Client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to White Heron Properties at Whittern Farms Ltd, Lyonshall, Kington Herefordshire, HR5 3JA. On receipt of notice of cancellation, White Heron Properties will seek to re-let the property for the period of booking. If White Heron Properties succeeds in re-letting the property for the whole period it will refund all the monies paid less an administrative charge of £50 plus VAT per booking. If WHP only succeeds in re-letting the property for part of the period booked it will refund an amount equal to the money paid less the rental for the period which is not re-let plus an administrative charge of £50 plus VAT. If White Heron Properties is unable to re-let the property at all then all monies paid by the Client shall be forfeit to White Heron Properties.
4 Changes of Date
White Heron Properties may consider a request from a client to change the dates of the booking after confirmation has been issued. Agreement will be given subject to the following conditions being met: i) the request is received more than 8 weeks away from the start of the booking and ii) the client pays an administration fee of £50 plus VAT
VAT is included in the rental fee.
5 Period of Hire
Rentals commence unless otherwise notifies at 4pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure. For weekend rentals this is often negotiable. At The Colloquy the normal weekend is for a two night weekend this lasts until 6pm on Sunday evening. There is an additional charge of 20% to stay for the Sunday night.
6 Number of Persons using the Property
The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum number stated in our information. Ie Colloquy 16 plus extra 6 by agreement and for additional payment as stated on our website, Sherriffs – 18, Gardeners Cottage – 6, Field Cottage – 5, Forge – 4/5. White Heron Properties reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. Permission for toddlers/babies in cots must also be agreed but is generally up to 3 at The Colloquy, 2 at The Sherriffs and other properties.
Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property it must be notified promptly to White Heron Properties and in case of serious problems confirmed in writing. We would investigate immediately and take the necessary remedial action where possible. Compensation will not be offered where the Tenant has denied the Owner the opportunity to rectify matters during their holiday.
8 Breakages or Damage
The Client is legally bound to reimburse White Heron Properties for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. Your credit card number is required in the event of damage. Your booking is not secured unless you have completed this part of the booking form. An amount of £500 will be pre-authorised. This does not mean it will be taken from your account, only that your credit limit will be reduced by this amount. This will be cancelled should no damages be incurred. If damages are incurred up to this amount then it will be taken from the card subsequent to your visit and after communication with yourselves.
9 Care of the Property
The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning.
We do not allow dogs in The Colloquy/ The Forge/The Lodge Otherwise Dogs are welcome in the properties but must be under proper supervision and control at all times. In all other properties they may not go upstairs and if wet please keep them out of reception/carpeted rooms. They may not sit on the furniture.
To comply with the latest EU smoking legislation there will be no smoking in any of our properties from 1/7/07.
White Heron Properties shall not be liable to the Client or third parties for any accident, damage, loss, injury expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or in any way connected with the rental. If the property which Client has booked becomes unavailable or unusable for some reason prior to the date of a booking, then White Heron Properties obligation will be to use their best endeavour to find a suitable alternative property or to reimburse the Client for any monies paid.
White Heron Properties does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by its servants or agents.
Right of Entry
White Heron Properties shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Hot Tub Rules
The Hot Tub is provided for your use and enjoyment, the water has been treated to ensure it is correctly balanced. If used following these instructions, there should be no need for additional maintenance visits. Hot tubs pose similar risks to swimming pools, as well as having their own dangers, please ensure you and your guests read, understand and follow the rules before entering the water.
1. The tub is to be used responsibly at all times, all guests accept full responsibility while using the hot tub. White Heron Properties accepts no liability for any accidents.
2. Jumping or diving into the water is not permitted under any circumstances, and users should always enter and exit the water safety and cautiously.
3. Children must not use the hot tub unsupervised at any time. It is not recommended that infants/under 5’s use the hot tub at any time.
4. Users must shower/enter the water clean, before using the hot tub to remove products, make-up, sun-screen, insect repellent or any other oil-based products from the skin, to prevent contamination and discoloration of the water.
5. Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times, and only clean swimwear may be worn in the tub as the chemicals in the water will remove the coloured dyes found in ordinary clothing, causing them to leach into the water and turn it cloudy.
6. Prevent accidental drowning. Leave the hot tub cover on when the hot tub is unsupervised.
7. Users must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance while using the hot tub at any time.
8. Glass or china wear is not permitted in the hot tub or hot tub room at any time.
9. Pregnant women, the elderly or anyone with existing medical conditions, should consult their doctor before using a hot tub.
10. No smoking is permitted in or around the tub.
11. People with cuts or external infections/infectious diseases should not use the tub.
12. Users should never attempt to change factory settings, adjust internal computer settings or power supply at any time.
13. Any issues should be reported to the property manager/owner immediately, and the hot tub not used until it is inspected, checked and confirmed as safe for use.
14. Electrical appliances should never be used near or in the hot tub, mobile phones/tablets should also never be used near or in the hot tub.
15. Never add anything to the water, such as salts, bubble bath or any other products.
16. The water level must remain on or above the red line at all times, a hose/shower is provided to refill as required by the guests. If the water is left below the red line indicated on the hot tub for too long, the filters and heating element will fail, and if left long enough will burn out; causing damage to the hot tub.
17. Overuse or abuse will cause the tub water to turn cloudy and may render the tub unusable. Tubs that require excessive cleaning will be emptied and cleaned at the expense of the lead booker, and may deny you the use of the hot tub for at least 24-hours, while the water is retreated, comes to temperature and chemicals re-balanced.